Cross-platform play is a concept that has existed for a while but didn''t begin taking off until recently. Before, gamers embraced crossplay, implying that everyone may have the ability to play with their friends regardless of the device they are using. However, some games make better use of crossplay than others, implying that they are willing to take the game in a new direction. Here are three of the best cross-platform games you can play right now.
The 10 best cross-platform games to play with friends
One of the greatest effects achieved in 2020 is also one of the best crossplay games. Players on all platforms with the game may play together and work to find the impostor in the group. It doesn''t matter whether you are playing on mobile, PC, or console; all platforms have been equipped with means to communicate together and complete all tasks effectively. A very big deal coming from a very small development team.
- Crossplay is automatic in Among Us. Just join the same lobby as your friends, but you can unlock additional features by creating an Among Us account.
We are extremely pleased that Call of Duty games have grown beyond the traditional games they have ever owned in every year, despite being always nearing the top of the highest selling games in the country. If you and a friend are happy with gaming, this is always a good choice.
- To hit the battlefield with friends on other platforms, you need to sign into an Activision account.
Four survivors in Dead By Daylight need to remove generators so they can escape being hunted down by the matchs killer. The killer is an overpowered beast (that can be represented by an icon in the horror genre) and will be relentless in their pursuit of you and your teammates. Crossplay being present in the game is huge for the entire experience.
- Dead By Daylights crossplay is supported on PC, PlayStation, Switch, and Xbox. To play with friends on other platforms, you will need to add them from the in-game friend list.
Final Fantasy XIV is one of the most popular and successful MMOs ever developed. The game is currently only available on PC and PlayStation, but there is no place for it to come to Xbox. The game continuously receives major improvements that keep keeping players returning for more, and hopefully more crossplay opportunities will be available.
- Crossplay for Final Fantasy XIV is automatic. Just choose the same server as your friend to play with them.
Fortnite was the first truly cross-platform game to support all platforms, largely because of its importance as one of the world''s most popular games. The battle royale game is a mix of various crossovers for movies, television shows, and video game characters. It is a pop culture icon that is routinely updated with new exciting content.
- To take advantage of Fortnite crossplay, create an Epic Games account and sign in to add friends on other platforms.
The Minecraftscrossplay capability existed for a long time and made perfect sense for how basic of an idea the game is. The game is an open sandbox that players may complete whatever they choose on. With the Realms Update coming out, PC, mobile, and Xbox players could all play together in endless situations, with Switch players joining later and PlayStation even further down the line.
- To play, you need an Xbox Live account, and adding who you want to play with to your friend list. Joining in with friends is as easy as seeing their name on the menu and clicking it. Its an easily used system that works. You can also purchase monthly subscriptions for Realms where cross-platform friends can play even when the host is offline.
MLB The Show was a PlayStation exclusive for the first time, and it then went to Xbox in 2021, and then Nintendo Switch a year later. Crossplay in every game is compatible, making you feel comfortable playing with your friends. However, there are no limitations to crossplay in any mode that has multiplayer, although Franchise, unfortunately, does not.
- To play MLB The Show cross-platform, you will need to create a Show account and link your platforms on their official website.
Rocket League has always been one of the great games advocating cross-platform play. Even if the game was only on PS4 and Steam, players might randomly play against each other. Over time, the game was still reserved for Steam and each console randomly with no party support, but fortunately the game has since been improved to have complete crossplay between all platforms.
- To play Rocket League with others, you need to create an Epic Games Account and add players to your friend list.
While being an Xbox exclusive, PC players may play Sea of Thieves as a pirate in a group with three additional players as you navigate the open ocean and hunt skeletons, discover treasure, and explore several tropical islands. Rare is ongoing to make substantial improvements, including theA Pirates Life update that includesPirates of the Caribbean content.
- Crossplay is automatic in Sea of Thieves.
Hi-Rez Studios is one of the most popular crossplay studios, with games such asSmite,Paladins, andRealm Royale. These three games were among the first to allow crossplay between PC, Switch, and Xbox (and later PlayStation when they allowed it). Because these games are effective in cross-platform play and cross-platform progression, so you can pick up where you left off with your account progress and purchases.
- Create your Hi-Rez account, and whatever platform you sign onto will instantly have your level and any purchases you have made (except for on PlayStation).