Some of you will select the best person to assist your companions in Shadowrun: Dragonfall once you''ve acquired the knowledge. For Glory, your cyberware-bedecked combat medic, this includes returning to Feuerstelle and confronting the cult leader who was in charge of all her trauma.
During this mission, you''ll meet Marta, Glory''s ex-lover, and an extremely important person in the cult. It''s possible, through the art of conversation, to convince Marta that following the cult''s ideals does not make sense, but it''s also possible that Glory will kill her right there and then. It''s a process that takes persistence.
First thing: It''s important to know that if you wish to be as successful as possible in this mission and convince Marta to join your team (temporarily), you''ll need to do some investigative work in Feuerstelle.
If your objective is to save the cultists, it''s very beneficial to recruit Marta. There is a very tough boss fight at the end of this mission. She is less useful if your objective is to kill Harrow.
As Glory warns you of the possibility of entering the door, you''ll know which door leads to the confrontation with Marta. Make sure you have completed all of the following tasks:
- Retrieving Glory''''s ring in the lounge.
- Examining the bloody clothes in the lounge.
- Examining the tri-vid player in the lounge.
- Reading Harrow''''s manifesto in his office. Resist the temptation to look away, you must read it all. Beware of the spirit that will attack you.
- Speaking to the female initiate outside Marta''''s room and exhaust her dialogue - you must learn about the ritual she was about to do.
- Investigating the fridge in the kitchen.
There are two levels, one with the tri-vid player, and another with Glory''s ring and the savage clothes.
It''s beneficial to have the Academic Etiquette unlocked, but it isn''t necessary. This just simplifies the dialogue at the end of this article.
You''ll be given everything you need to do to navigate the next dialog once you''ve completed all of them.
How To Stop Glory Killing Marta
The first thing you''ll need to do in this conversation is to convince Glory not to kill Marta right there and then. She''s brimming with rage and doesn''t believe a word that Marta says, so you''ll need to know that Marta can tell the truth.
You''ll need to select the following dialog options to ensure Glory doesn''t kill Marta once she''s unsheathed her hand razors:
- "I think that we should hear her out. Something strange is happening here."
- (Glory''''s Ring) "Because of this, and the photo that it was nailed to. If she were lying, she wouldn''''t have kept them all these years."
If you forgot to pick up Glory''s Ring, you may also use the dialog that explains how the shrine affects Glory.
How To Convince Marta To Join You
You''ll now get the chance to protect Marta from her conditioning when you enter the room. Many dialogue options that help you instill Marta on how illogical the cult and its beliefs are, and they can be unlocked depending on your tasks completed in the Preparations section.
There are five options that will lead Marta to liberation. If you use three of them, Marta may be able to offer you the amulet that you need without a fight. If you can use four or five of them, Marta may keep the amulet, but she''ll join you.
During the conversation, highlight these five concepts:
- Harrow''''s manifesto values both charity and selfishness, which is a contradiction.
- A cult based on freedom that has a leader like Harrow at the helm doesn''''t make sense. (This dialogue option requires the Academic Etiquette, but isn''''t necessary if you have all the other options available)
- The bloody clothes indicate that the cult is not peaceful.
- Glory once killed someone for a trid player and was rewarded by Harrow as a result.
- The meat-carving ritual is now being performed by raw initiates and with metahuman meat.
With enough of these dialogue options, Marta''s willpower will break, and you''ll be able to convince her to join your side. It''s also possible to make her leave forever at this point, which means she will not be around for the boss fight.
When you open the altar, Marta will turn on you, forcing you to kill Harrow.
When you reach the Heart of Feuerstelle, you''ll have the opportunity to decide between dismantling the spirit or purifying the spirit and protecting the cultists. Here, how Marta behaves will depend on your choice:
- If you choose to destroy the spirit, Marta will turn on you and end up killed by Glory.
- If you choose to purify the spirit, Marta will stick by you and become a valuable ally during the combat. She''''s a Shaman with the Heal Wound spell, which automatically makes her very useful.