Pokemon GO was always designed as a mobile game to get you out, out, and moving. However, when the epidemic began in 2020, developer Niantic had to drastically modify things up so people could still play the game while also staying safe at home.
Niantic has started restoring exclusive in-person raids to its augmented reality game this weekend, starting with a new raid during Community Day. But GO''s game director has stated that this is a "unique experience" for this weekend, but the company hasn''t ruled out making more exclusive raids.
Niantic "has no intention of using remote raiding for regular tiers right now" but said that "we''ven''t been concerned about the possibility for players to play in person again," according to Steranka. This suggests that there will be further in-person raids in the future.
Steranka expressed his frustration that Pokemon GO was always meant to be "experimental to you" and that Niantic did everything it possible to meet players where they were due to Covid restrictions. Nonetheless, he believes that "the pendulum swung a bit too far to having the complete Pokemon GO experience from the comfort of your couch. And that''s just not where we want to be as a product."
Hopefully, certain raid tiers, the PVP battle league, and other remote functions will remain in line for those who haven''t reached the game as much as they can, and at the least, Steranka says. "We will be looking at ways to encourage players to explore, rather than continuing to diminish the experience anybody has at home," so it appears like Niantic are simply looking at expanding in-person activities rather than replacing remote functions.
Do you know how you feel about these comments? Are you pleased that in-person raids are returning? Let us know!
- Pokemon GO Guide & Walkthrough - Type Chart, Evolutions, Raids, Research, Friend Codes And More
- Pokemon GO Review
- Guide: Pokemon GO Eevee Evolutions Ranked - How To Get Sylveon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon And Flareon
- Guide: Pokemon GO Special Evolutions How To Get Pangoro, Sylveon, Glaceon, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Sirfetchd, Galarian Cofagrigus And More
- Guide: Pokemon GO The Rarest Pokemon Including Wild, Shiny, Mythical And Regional Catches
- Guide: Pokemon GO Mega Evolutions List - How Get Mega Energy
- Guide: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Everything We Know So Far