Wordle is a simple-to-play, popular word guessing game. Although it went viral in early 2022, some people have yet to try it out. So here is some advice to help you get started.
How To Play Wordle
The original Wordle, which is discussed in this article, is hosted on the New York Times Games website. This game was purchased by the newspaper giant in February. Currently, Wordle is free-to-play and does not require a login, but this may change when the NYT allows players to track their Wordle scores via their Games accounts.
Visit the New York Times' version of Wordle and pick a starting word. It should be:
- Five-letters long.
- Not a proper noun.
- A real English word.
- Filled with letters common to Wordle puzzles.
Type the starting word into the Wordle grid and press enter. Each of these colors is a clue to the true answer.
- Letters that turn green are right and in the right spot.
- Gray letters are incorrect.
- Yellow letters are right but in the wrong place in the word.
Given these clues, players must keep adding new words until their six total attempts are exhausted. Wordle only has one word per day, which is part of the reason why there are so many clones and copycats out there. Thankfully, there are plenty more Wordles out there to try if players want more word games.
Hints for the Wordle 406 for July 30, 2022
Today's Wordle word of the day is a common word, but it contains some duplicated letters. This might encourage some players to look up some answers for the puzzle, so here are a few suggestions without giving away the whole thing.
- This common five-letter word begins with an F.
- It contains one pair of duplicated letters.
- There is one vowel, and it is in the center of the word.
- This word rhymes with ROUGH.
- It can be both a noun and a verb.
- This word contains one L.
- It also has at least one B.
Answer for Wordle 406 for July 30, 2022
Do you need an answer to today's puzzle? It's possible to find the answer below, depending on whether or not players want to cheat at Wordle.
The answer to Wordle puzzle 406 is BLUFF.
Wordle is available for any browser.