The Sandman is a highly anticipated series from Neil Gaiman's iconic DC comic, which some consider to be the greatest comic book series of all time. The first season of The Sandman is reported to cover the story of The Sandman, Volume 1: Preludes & Nocturnes, which follows Roderick Burgess's 105 years in captivity.
Streaming services like Netflix will allow the story to show the wonders of Neil Gaiman and his team of brilliant artists, while some versions of The Sandman have been in development for decades.
I have seen the first three episodes and am waiting to see the rest of the program.
Boyd Holbrook, Jenna Coleman, Vanesu Samunyai (formerly known as "Kyo Ra"), and showrunner Allan Heinberg stopped by the Collider studio shortly after they saw new footage at Comic-Con. During the fun conversation, they talked about what it's like to work on a series that means so much to so many people, which episode of the ten-episode first season they're most excited for people to see (since they're
Patton Oswalt, Gwendoline Christie, Charles Dance, David Thewlis, Stephen Fry, Kirby Howell-Baptiste, Mason Alexander Park, Donna Preston, John Cameron Mitchell, Asim Chaudhry, Joely Richardson, Sandra James Young, and Razane Jammal are among the cast members in The Sandman.
Gaiman, Heinberg, and David S. Goyer are executive producers of the series. The first season's directors are Mike Barker (101), Jamie Childs (102, 103, 104, 105), Mairzee Almas (106), Andres Baiz (107, 108), Coralie Fargeat (109), and Louise Hooper (110).
Check out what they had to say in the player above, and see what we discussed later.
Boyd Holbrook, Jenna Coleman, Kyo Ra, Vivienne Acheampong, and Allan Heinberg
- Heinberg on what its like trying to bring one of the greatest comic series to life?
- The cast talks about what it means to play a role that means so much to so many people.
- Which of the ten-episode first season are they most excited for people to see?
- Since theyre at Comic-Con, what is the thing they would geek out over if they walked the convention floor.
Here's the official synopsis for The Sandman: The Sandman.
When we close our eyes and sleep, there is another world waiting for all of us, the Dreaming, where The Sandman, Master of Dreams (Tom Sturridge), gives shape to all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But when Dream is unexpectedly captured and kept prisoner for a century, his absence sparks a series of events that will forever alter both the dreaming and waking worlds.
When we close our eyes and sleep, there is a new world waiting for us. This is where The Sandman, Master of Dreams, (Tom Sturridge) shapes all of our deepest fears and fantasies. But his absence sets off a series of events that will forever alter both the dreaming and the waking worlds.
- The Sandman Trailer Breakdown: Open Your Eyes and Dream
- 'The Sandman's Corinthian Explained: Some Nightmares Are More Dangerous Than Others
- 'The Sandman's Endless Explained: Meet the Dysfunctional Family of Immortal Beings
- Sandman: 10 Panels from the Comics We Hope are Recreated Onscreen