'The Princess' Documentary Will Include Footage From Diana's Controversial 1995 Interview

'The Princess' Documentary Will Include Footage From Diana's Controversial 1995 Interview ...

The Princess, a documentary on Ed Perkins' controversial 1995 Panorama interview with Princess Diana, will be used in the next documentary. The BBC has pledged to never repeat this episode.

The BBC's director-general, Tim Davie, promised never to broadcast or license the program, in which Diana revealed her "deceitful tactics" to obtain an interview with Diana, in which he reportedly falsified statements to make it appear as if Diana's staff were selling secrets about her. Yet despite the BBC's decision and Diana's son Prince William's dismissal of the said interview, a Sky spokesperson said the footage would continue to be shown in the upcoming documentary on Princess Diana's

Davie said in a statement that there were already indications that the interview had been improperly obtained. "Rather, the BBC failed to ask the critical questions, as The Duke of Cambridge himself put it. Princess Diana would have known the truth during her lifetime."

Davie said in a statement: "I don't know."

I have decided that the BBC will never broadcast the program again; nor will we license it in whole or part to other broadcasters in the future. These occasions may be rare and will need to be agreed at Executive Committee level and set in the full context of what we now know about the way the interview was obtained. I urge others to exercise similar caution."

The Princess trailer reimagined Princess Diana's life using old footage. The documentary's logline says the upcoming documentary is a "intensely emotional" look back to Diana's life, including her marriage to Prince Charles, the Prince of Wales, and her 1997 fatal car accident in Paris that made headlines for decades. It will also be broadcast on Sky and Now TV on August 14, just before Princess Diana's tragic death.