The Xenoblade Chronicles series is well-known for having many different classes that characters can play. We were also told that party members would be able to switch classes pretty fluid throughout the game. There are also several new classes coming to the third entry in the series, listed below.
In Xenoblade Chronicles 3, all playable classes are available.
As you interact with other players in the game, you will be able to switch to that character's class on the fly. You will also eventually encounter some characters, known as Heroes, who have their own unique classes that can be learned and applied in battle.
Attackers are exceptional at dealing massive amounts of damage. They will fill the typical DPS role that is present in many RPGs.
- Swordfighter - A well-balanced class that will put out high damage relatively quickly.
- Ogre - Employs the use of strength to inflict massive amounts of damage on foes.
- Incursor - An attacker who focuses on landing critical hits to deal high amounts of damage.
- Yumsmith - Uses debuffs and exploits an enemy's weak points.
- Full Metal Jaguar - Attacks in a wide area of effect using guns and drones.
- Stalker - Excels at sniping foes with arrows from the safety of stealth.
- Flash Fencer - A nimble attacker that can buff their own attack power.
- Stalker - Puts out lower damage to be able to reduce aggro and stay away from danger.
- Soulhacker - A unique attacker that learns Arts and skills from unique enemies that you defeat.
- Martial Artist - A fast attacker with a focus on managing cooldowns for massive potential.
- Seraph - An attacker that focuses on self-harming Arts to put out more damage.
- Machine Assassin - Applies debuffs to foes before taking the fight to them.
- Royal Summoner - A heavy-hitting attacker with a focus on elemental Arts.
Defenders block enemy assaults and draw their attention away from others. These classes fulfill the classic Tank role.
- Zephyr - Focuses on evading attacks and countering the enemy's strikes.
- Heavy Guard - Defend allies and draw enemy aggro while wielding massive weapons.
- Guardian Commander - A sword and shield user who can turn the tables of a fight.
- Lone Exile - A deadly defender who aims to draw foes in before striking them down.
- Lost Vanguard - Counters enemy attacks and places protective fields for allies to use.
Healers maintain the team's health throughout the year. These classes are crucial to ensuring the Tanks and DPS classes continue to thrive long enough to do their jobs.
- Medic Gunner - Attempts to heal and buff the team while staying out of danger.
- Tactician - Works to disrupt enemies while supporting the team.
- War Medic - Utilizing a large gun, this class heals and applies buffs to the team.
- Thaumaturge - A hybrid of both healer and fighter that can adapt to a variety of situations.
- Strategos - Focuses on healing allies while applying debuffs to enemies.
- Signifier - Heals the team but also provides a wide range of random buffs to the team.
- Troubadour - A healer that can speed up the recharge rate of her and the team's cooldowns.
- Lifesage - The strongest healer, able to heal the entire party at once.
The sheer number of playable classes in Xenoblade Chronicles 3 is astounding, and it will be interesting to see what sort of team compositions may be created when certain classes are applied to different characters.