If you like Solar Opposites and are interested in the future of the series, you'll be very enthused. I was able to speak with co-creators Justin Roiland and Mike McMahan, along with producers Josh Bycel and Danielle Uhlarik, about the fantastic Hulu series at this years San Diego Comic-Con.
Justin Roiland and Rick and Morty talked about their favorite parts of the show during the interview, including how they ended up making holiday specials every season, how the wall storyline in Season 4 will be a Cold War spy thriller like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy, how they like the second half of Season 3, and how they like to brainstorm ideas for future seasons starting at the eighteen minutes!
Solar Opposites is a funny series that follows four aliens who flee their explosive home world only to land on Earth. They also have a young alien named The Pupa who is attempting to eat them and terraform the Earth.
In the player above, you can see what Roiland, McMahan, Bycel, and Uhlarik had to say, and below is what we discussed.
Justin Roiland, Mike McMahan, Josh Bycel, and Danielle Uhlarik have all been praised.
- How the reason they did the Christmas special is because they had extra time in the writers room and Hulu agreed to give them extra money to make it.
- How they are aiming to make one holiday special every season.
- How every minute of animation costs a lot of money which is why episodes arent longer.
- Why the cast talks fast.
- Roiland demonstrates a number of voices from Solar Opposites and Rick and Morty.
- Will the wall storyline continue in every season?
- How the wall storyline in Season 4 will be like Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy and a cold war spy thriller.
- Why they love the second half of Season 3.
- Do they envision future episodes that are serialized?
- Why they like breaking the rules and stay ahead of the audience.
- 18:10 You can watch them in real time brainstorm ideas for future seasons.