Queen of the South is the most awaited season of the show, but will it happen? If not, why was it canceled, Here's all you need to know about it. Another drama series that will enthral you.
The show, which was first released in 2016 after a five-season run, has come a long way. It's now getting a sixth season, which the fans are eager to see.
Why will Season 6 of Queen of the South be cancelled?
The production house did say something about Queen of the South Season 6 and we are a bit sad too. The release stated that Season 5 will be the last and final season. A season 6 is still in the works and therefore will not be released.
The show-runners first reported on season 5 only before it was released. They thanked the audience for their support and encouraged them to watch season 5 with all of their heart. They also stated that they are striving to provide the perfect finale to this series.
Why not have a quick recap of the first five seasons while Queen of the South Season 6 is still on the way?
Season 1 5: Quick recap of the five seasons
- Season 1 the first season of Queen of the South made a debut on June 23, 2016. Comprising of 13 episodes, the finale was aired on September 15 the same year. The first season follows Teresas life after the death of her boyfriend. Along with a mystery notebook, a gang of smart buddies, and loyal friend, Teresa is relieved to a point.
- Season 2 has made a debut on June 8, 2017, the second season also comprised 13 episodes. A new life with a sudden hit of the past, Teresa encounters tons of new things in her journey. Were you alongside her through this? The finale for the same came out in August 2017 and was watched by millions.
- Season 3 released in the month of June the very next year, the third season of this series was no less in competition. Portraying Teresas idea of building her own empire and fighting with all her hurdles and enemies. 13 episodes of this season were released between June 21 to September 13, 2018.
- Season 4 Season 4 of Queen of the South was released in June 2019. Following the plot of the previous season, Teresa builds up her empire and turns out to be a legitimate businesswoman. But well gangsters, enemies, and politicians never want it to be easy. Do you recall the obstacles that came her way?
- Season 5 The fifth season was released post-pandemic in April last year. Following our leads legacy and savage attitude, the season was sort of a good ending to the show.
Also Read:Narcos: Mexico Season 3: Co-Creator Says Show Will Finish With Season 3
We know as a fan you would have needed more of the program, but it had to say our last and binding one. We expect you to have seen it all, and if not, it is now time to finish the program and go on to another program.