After falling off stage on live TV, a Voice Finalist recalls a terrifying injury

After falling off stage on live TV, a Voice Finalist recalls a terrifying injury ...

Wendy Moten, the Voice's runner-up, fell on a monitor during season 21 of the program, causing a brief commercial break and later requiring surgery.

In December 2021, Moten revealed that she had to have surgery on her arm and that her elbow had been shattered.

My elbow was jacked up, she told People at the time. It's no good. I have to have surgery to put metal plates and bolts and things. I'm surprised that I could still carry on with this knowledge.

Moten Provided an Update on Her Injuries

Wendy Moten (@wendymoten) has shared a post.

Moten is now providing an update on her injuries. After her surgery, she spoke with People once more.

According to the interview, she also had a broken right elbow and a piece of bone on her left hand. She also had a fractured wrist following the fall.

She told the outlet that she couldn't use my arms at all. It was a unique circumstance.

She confessed that her elbow is still crooked when it came to surgery.

She said that she has to go to physical therapy three times a week to keep her arm together. I'm still crooked, and my fingers are crooked, but with the occupational therapy and physical therapy I'm currentlyundergoing, I'm hoping that everything will come back to normal soon.

Moten Recently Finished Her Tour

Moten was on tour in Alabama, Illinois, Iowa, North Carolina, and Virgina for the latter part of the month of July.

According to People, she is currently on a tour with singer Vince Gill.

She said that 90% of people never heard of me before and the other 10% saw me on The Voice. Nonetheless, I've been blessed to get standing ovations every show. They're listening, and I'm so moved that they keep coming back. Im making that connection with them.

In the future, Moten might also work with Blake Shelton, who was her coach on The Voice.

Moten updated followers and informed them that something may be in the works in an Instagram post published on December 21, 2021.

Counting the days till I am fully recovered from my elbow surgery so I can return to work finishing recording my new music and performing live!!! Moten wrote.

I'll most certainly keep you all posted, and I hope there's a collaboration with @blakeshelton as well!!! Fingers crossed!!!

Although the tease is just a hint of what may come in the future, coaches have worked with former competitors in the past, most recently when Kelly Clarkson joined forces with Jake Hoot, a winner of The Voice in 2021.

Team Kellys trio Girl Named Tom beat Moten for The Voice.

The Voice will return to NBC in the fall of 2022. Coaches include Blake Shelton, Gwen Stefani, Camila Cabello, and John Legend.