Fallout 76's Wastelands update included a variety of new things to see in Appalachia, including a questline that involves introducing the wastelands to a new form of currency, Gold Bullion. To get to it, you will need to go through the Mysterious Cave and discover what the unlock code is.
Where is the Mysterious Cave?
As part of the main quest line for the Wastelanders DLC, you will eventually travel north to the Mysterious Cave.
The Mysterious Cave is in the northernmost part of the map in the mountains near Bailey Family Cabins. Be on your toes as you hike up there. There are a lot of dangerous enemies along the way.
How to get the code for the Mysterious Cave
When you enter the Mysterious Cave, you will notice a concrete wall inside with a keypad attached to it. This wall will open as long as you have the correct entry code. Unfortunately, we cannot just provide the code for each player.
To get the door code, you will need to navigate across the map to several locations in search of Mysterious Map Fragments. These may be found in the following areas:
- Red Rocket Mega Stop On a counter in the building on the southernmost point of the area
- Uncanny Caverns Found on a counter inside the gift shop
- Mothman Museum On the front desk near the cash registers
- The Generals Steakhouse North end of the counter on the first floor
- Haven Church In the hallway on top of a counter
- Morgantown High School Next to a broken terminal on the second floor in the classroom with a hole in the floor
Make your way to the Grafton Pawn Shop to collect all of the Mysterious Map Fragments. This area will create an instanced area where you may place the Mysterious Map Fragments on a whiteboard. Activate a nearby blacklight and you will receive the keypad code.