National Treasure: Edge of History is one of the many new Disney+ series to feature a panel at this years San Diego Comic-Con, which included Nicolas Cage, Jon Voight, Diane Kruger, and Justin Bartha. However, the series is a continuation of the National Treasure franchise, following Jess, a young DREAMer played by Lisette Olivera, who is on a brand-new journey to uncover her own buried past.
Mira Nair is the lead actress, assisted by Marianne and Cormac Wibberley (they directed the first two films), and the show also stars Jordan Rodrigues, Zuri Reed, Antonio Cipriano, Lyndon Smith, Jacob Vargas, Bartha (repricing his role as Riley Poole), Harvey Keitel (back as Peter Sadusky) and Catherine Zeta-Jones.
Most of the cast and crew stopped by the Collider studio to talk about the show. They talked about the series' connection to National Treasure 2, their favorite episodes, how they shot it in Baton Rouge, how the series came to life, and more.
Watch the whole interview above, and see below a list of what we discussed, as well as the most recent behind the scenes featurette.
Lisette Olivera, Jake Austin Walker, Antonio Cipriano, Jordan Rodrigues, Zuri Reed, Lyndon Smith, and Cormac and Marianne Wibberley
- How did National Treasure end up as a Disney+ series?
- How many episodes is the series?
- What is the cast most excited for people to see in the series?
- How the treasure is a continuation from National Treasure 2.
- Which episode are they most excited for people to see?
- When pitching the series to Disney did they ask if they had a plan for multiple seasons?
- Will each season have its own treasure?
- What was it like working with Catherine Zeta-Jones?
- What would people be surprised to learn about the making of the series?
- How they shot in Baton Rouge and the show is set in that city.
- The snakes and gators in Louisiana.
- Who texts too much in the cast?
- Do they hope for Nicolas Cage to cameo at some point?
- How did they end up filming in Louisiana?
- When does the series come out?
- Where are they at in the editing process?
- What do they obsess about or collect?