Elden Ring hasn't had much interest in the game, yet the patch 1.06 is out. Among the improvements are the ability to now co-op or invasions in many locations at once, as well as a larger invasion area. There's a new mysterious NPC, though in typical FromSoftware fashion no word on where to find this useful person.
Bloodhound Step, a popular Ash of War skill that allows you to dodge attacks at high speeds while becoming invisible, has been reduced, indicating that it is less effective. However, FromSoftware has altered everything about low carry loads, including the ability to roll farther when you're not carrying much, which is quite significant for anyone who plays in multiplayer. Recently, this skill was one of the most-cited reasons for feeling that the multiplayer was broken and unbalanced.
And you can be certain that players are all happy about this: nearly every reply under the Twitter announcement commemorates the death of Bloodhounds.
A second hugely-requested change is a Corpse Piler downturn. The original weapon's ability is the X shape, which leaves behind a trail of blood, and fire damage to boot. The actual blade also does less damage, although just a tiny bit, according to the patch notes.
Put Pikachus electric-type capabilities to good use by charging him as a phone charger. Simply place your phone capable of wireless charging on Pikachus cute little cranium and let him do his thing. His cheeks will begin to glow. And look how adorable it is.
While you wait for DLC, here are 8 strategies to make Elden Ring feel brand new.
The Astrologer's favorite Glintstone Pebble has now reduced its damage, but it does go farther than before. It was fairly inexpensive to obtain, and it made horseback witchcraft much easier. Despite finding a wide variety of more powerful spells, I had the Pebble equipped for about 75% of my playthrough.
Bonk players should be quite content as well, since the patch improves Greatswords and Great Hammers a lot more. Charge attacks go faster when you hit them, and axes are faster outright.
The complete patch notes for PVP are available below.
- Added the function to send summoning signs to summoning pools in multiple areas, including distant areas.
- When sending a co-op sign to distant areas with this function, summoning pools in Mohgwyn Palace will be excluded
- Added a new way to advance White Mask Varres questline other than participating in multiplayer invasion by defeating a new NPC
- Balance Changes
- Added the following adjustments to Greatsword, Curved Greatsword and Great Hammers:Reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
- Increased the motion speed of strong attack and charge attack (mounted attacks not included)
- Increased Guard Counters motion speed
- Increased the attack speed of Great Axes and reduced the time it takes for rolling to become possible after an attack (Jump attack, dual wield attack and attacks while mounted not included)
- Increased rolling distance when player has a light equip load.
- Increased the hitbox of Cipher Patas weapon skill Unblockable Blade
- Increased the range of Ash of War Glintstone Pebble and Glintstone Dart projectile while decreasing the damage and stagger power
- Decreased the travel distance and invincibility frames of Ash of War Bloodhound Step while adding the changes below:Reduced performance when used continuouslyIncreased travel distance when on light equip load
- Shortened the activation interval when using Quick Step skill in succession, increasing its ability to circle around the enemy when locked-on and add the changes below:Reduced performance when used continuouslyIncreased travel distance when on light equip load
- Decreased the damage and bleed build-up of weapon skill Corpse Piler when hit with the blood attack. When hit by the blade, the damage is only decreased slightly
- Decreased the target tracking ability of sorcery Stars of Ruin
- Bug Fixes
- Fixed a bug which caused some attacks of Lucerne to not pierce enemys guard
- Fixed a bug which made it harder for a two-handed jump attack with Bloodhounds Fang to break enemys stance
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of Determination and Royal Knights Resolve to disappear after using the Parry skill with a dagger
- Fixed a bug when dual wielding Axe and Greataxe which caused additional effects from Spells, Weapon Skills and Items to not be applied correctly
- Fixed a bug when two-handing a Halberd which made it harder to withstand enemys attack after using guard counter
- Fixed a bug which caused the physical attack affinity of some weapons to be different from the affinity listed in the description.
- Fixed a bug which caused the player to become more easily noticed by the enemy when wearing Deathbed Dress, even when crouching
- Fixed a bug which caused charge attack with flail to damage ally character when wearing Deathbed Dress
- Fixed a bug that caused HP to regenerate when switching your equipment to certain type of armorFixed a bug where the effect added to the weapon upon using Mists of Slumber was lost when the player receive an attackFixed a bug which caused the playable characters movement to become unstable upon hitting certain enemies with the skill Ghostflame Ignition
- Fixed a bug which prevented player from using The Queens Black Flame skills follow-up attack when performing the skill with insufficient FPFixed a bug with the weapon skill Zamor Ice Storm which allowed player to more easily withstand enemys attack when using the skill with insufficient FP
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of spells and items added to right-hand armament to occur when using certain weapon skills with left hand.
- Fixed a bug which caused the FP consumption description of certain weapon skills to be different from its actual FP cost
- Fixed a bug that allows Rock Blaster to not consume any FP when used with a staff on the left hand and no weapon on the right hand
- Fixed a bug which caused the charged version of Black Flame Ritual to consume the same amount of stamina as the normal version
- Fixed a bug which caused the player to receive less HP recovery from incantations and items other than Flask of Crimson Tears when activating the effect of Malenias Great RuneFixed a bug which caused the Opaline Hardtear to not boost physical damage negation
- Fixed a bug which prevented the player from jumping mid-air while riding under specific condition
- Fixed a bug which allowed jump attack with Colossal Weapons while mounted to hit twice consecutively
- Fixed a bug which caused some signs to appear more than once in the Summoning Pool
- Fixed a bug which caused the effect of some weapon skills attack to persist under specific circumstances
- Fixed a bug which sometimes caused significant performance issue at Ordina, Liturgical Town under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug which prevented the player from picking up dropped Runes upon death under certain circumstances
- Fixed a bug which allowed users to reach certain inaccessible area during multiplayer
- Fixed a bug which caused the multiplayer area to have different boundary than expected
- Fixed a bug that causes some enemies to have incorrect visuals and behaviors.
- Fixed a bug that caused incorrect sounds to be played under certain circumstances.
- Fixed a bug which caused some areas to make the player unable to move which lead to death
- Fixed a bug that caused some places on the map to have incorrect visuals and hitboxes.
- Fixed a bug in some maps that allowed users to reach unexpected locations using certain procedures.
- Fixed a bug with the PC version which caused click input to occur when equipping Staves or Sacred Seals and switching Windows to active.
- OtherAdded the ERROR text to unauthorized itemsIn update file 1.04, we have fixed a bug that allowed players to pass unauthorized items that cannot be obtained in game to other playersAfter the distribution of this update file, possession and usage of these unauthorized items will be subject to warning or penalty after a certain period of time.