The abilities of a Pokemon in Pokemon Go make a decision more powerful, but the types of attacks and movesets used by each option are different. Not every Pokemon understands the same moves, limiting the effectiveness of its attacks in combat. Gengar is one of those Pokemon that has many unique choices available to it, and you want it to choose the best.
Best Gengar moveset
Gengar is a Ghost and Poison-type Pokemon with a maximum CP of 2,878, an attack of 261, a defense of 149, and a stamina of 155. It is a great counter to many of the more powerful Pokemon in the Great and Ultra battle league. You should treat it as a counter Pokemon before you use it against an opponent.
Gengar and Mega Gengar can learn all of these skills.
- Hex (Ghost-type) 6 damage, and 4 energy per turn (2 damage per turn)
- Lick (Ghost-type) 3 damage, and 3 energy per turn (3 damage per turn)
- Shadow Claw (Ghost-type) 6 damage and 4 energy per turn (3 damage per turn)
- Sucker Punch (Dark-type) 5 damage and 3.5 energy per turn (2.5 damage per turn)
- Dark Pulse (Dark-type) 80 damage and 50 energy
- Focus Blast (Fighting-type) 140 damage and 75 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) 90 damage and 55 energy (10 percent chance to lower the opponents defense by 1).
- Shadow Ball (Ghost-type) 100 damage and 55 energy
- Shadow Punch (Ghost-type) 40 damage and 35 energy
- Sludge Bomb (Poison-type) 110 damage and 65 energy
- Sludge Wave (Poison-type) 80 damage and 50 energy
The quick move provided by Gengar has several options, making your decision a bit more difficult. Shadow Claw and Hex provide the most energy per turn. They also do the most damage, but Shadow Claw will do more per turn, giving you the most bang for your buck.
Gengar can choose from many different moves when it comes to its natural attack power. Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch are the best two options we've ever recommended. However, some players may prefer to substitute these options for other attacks, such as switching Shadow Ball for Sludge Wave. Sludge Wave is a great Poison-type attack that you can use against particular Gengar choices.
Gengar's favorite moveset is the fast move Shadow Claw, as well as the charged moves Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch. However, you may substitute Shadow Ball and Sludge Wave.