Magikarp is not a great Pokemon, but it evolves into Gyarados, one of the most powerful choices in any game. In Pokemon Go, youll need to collect 400 Magikarp candy to become a Gyarados, and you want to make sure you have the finest one available to you to teach Gyarados.
Best Gyarados moveset
Gyarados is a Water and Flying-type Pokemon that will be weak against Electric and Rock-type moves, but is resistant against Bug, Fighting, Fire, Ground, Steel, and Water-type moves. This means you need to ensure your Gyarados is able to survive. Avoid fighting an Electric-type or a Pokemon with Electric-type moves as often as possible with Gyarados.
Gyarados can learn all of these skills.
- Bite (Dark-type) 4 damage and 2 energy (4 damage per turn) 1 turn
- Dragon breath (Dragon-type) 4 damage and 3 energy (4 damage per turn) 1 turn
- Dragon tail (Dragon-type) 13 damage and 3 energy (4.3 damage per turn) 3 turns
- Waterfall (Water-type) 12 damage and 2.6 energy (4 damage per turn) 3 turns
- Aqua Tail (Water-type) 50 damage and 35 energy
- Crunch (Dark-type) 70 damage and 45 energy (30% chance to lower an opponents defense)
- Dragon Pulse (Dragon-type) 90 damage and 60 energy
- Hydro Pump (Water-type) 130 damage and 75 energy
- Outrage (Dragon-type) 110 damage and 60 energy
- Twister (Dragon-type) 45 damage and 45 energy
Gyarados fast attack has a ton of options, including several great options. However, the best option would be to go with Dragon Breath. Although Dragon Tail has the same energy generation, Dragon Breath has a faster attack, making it the superior choice.
For charged moves, you have even more choices. Aqua Tail and Crunch are two of Gyarados' most popular moves, both of which require little energy to spam it against an opponent or even use it as bait. With Crunch, you can substitute a weak attack such as Outrage for stronger moves.
Gyarados' most powerful moveset is the fast move Dragon Breath, as well as the charged moves Aqua Tail and Crunch.