Metagross is one of the finest Pokemon you can acquire in Pokemon Go. It has great attack power, defenses, and a better moveset that reflects its usage in combat. However, you can easily sabotage the Metagross moveset by selecting the incorrect fast attack or weaker charged moves that make it obsolete when battling particular Pokemon. This article explains the best moveset to teach Metagross in Pokemon Go.
Best Metagross moveset
Metagross is a Psychic and Steel-type Pokemon. It is weak to Dark, Fire, Ghost, and Ground-type attacks, but it is strong to Normal, Poison, Psychic, Rock, and Steel-type moves.
Metagross' stats set it apart from others in both PvP and PvE. It has a maximum CP of 3,791, an attack of 214, a defense of 192, and stamina of 162. In PvE, it has an attack of 257, a defense of 228, and stamina of 190.
Metagross may learn all of these skills.
- Bullet Punch (Steel-type) 6 damage and 3.5 energy (3 damage per turn)
- Zen Headbutt (Psychic-type) 8 damage and 2 energy (2.66 damage per turn)
- Earthquake (Ground-type) 120 damage and 65 energy
- Flash Cannon (Steel-type) 110 damage and 70 energy
- Meteor Mash (Steel-type) 100 damage and 50 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance for the attack to lower the opponents defense rank by 1)
Bullet Punch is a solid choice for Metagross' fast attack. It may not have the finest overall damage as Zen Headbutt, but it does generate about twice the energy that Bullet Punch generates.
Meteor Mash is a Metagross exclusive move that may only be learned during certain times in Pokemon Go, or by you using an Elite Charged TM item.
The easiest moveset to teach Metagross is the fast move Bullet Punch, as well as the charged moves Meteor Mash and Earthquake.