The man Trap, a very special series that premiered fifty-six years ago, was never the same again, and the science fiction genre and fandom as a whole were never the same again. Paramount+ is releasing an impressive slate of exclusive content and global activities that Trekkies may enjoy during the third annual Star Trek Day next month.
On September 8, fans can join a live-streamed celebration at the Skirball Cultural Center in Los Angeles. This will include back-to-back, in-person interviews with the cast of some of our favorite Star Trek series, and exciting announcements and surprises, given how much we learned at SDCC last month.
Nichelle Nichols passed away last month, according to Paramount+. She will be remembered in a tribute video as part of the special day. She also served as the organizer of the #StarTrekUnitedGives campaign, which will pay $1 for every person who tweets using the hashtag during Star Trek Day.
Tawny Newsome and Paul F. Tompkins will host the two-hour live-streamed celebration, along with the co-hosts of Star Trek: The Pod Directive, who will also interview many of the guests who will join Paramount+ for the celebrations.
The whole programming slate is available below:
- Nichelle Nichols Tribute: Aspecial video to honor the impact and influence of Nichelle Nichols.
- Behind-the-Scenes Set Tour of Star Trek: Discovery: Wilson Cruz from Toronto, as he provides fans with an exclusive behind-the-scenes look at filming season five of the hit original series, along with appearances from Sonequa Martin-Green and other cast members.
- "Put On Your Best Face": A lucky fan will be transformed into a Star Trek alien by a series make-up artist.
- Star Trek Cosplay Runway: Hosted by Jackie Cox, fans will strut the runway in their finest Star Trek cosplay.
- Special Musical Guest: Reggie Watts from The Late Late Show with James Corden
- Stand-Up Comedy: Brian Posehn from Mr. Show and The Big Bang Theory.
From Wednesday, September 7 to Thursday, September 8, you will be able to visit the Star Trek Augmented Reality Delta Portals in six major city centers across the world. The Delta Portals will be up for a limited time in six countries around the world, including locations in the United States and internationally. Each location will have three Star Trek Deltas, each seven feet tall, with QR codes that, when scanned on Instagram, transform the objects into mixed-reality portals that introduce the user to the world of Star Trek.
Locations in the United States:
- Los Angeles: The Grove
- New York: Hudson Yards
- Chicago: Water Tower Place
- London, United Kingdom: Science Museum
- Sao Paulo, Brazil: Shopping Cidade Sao Paulo (Note: Brazil dates are Thursday, Sept. 8 to Friday, Sept. 9)
- Melbourne, Australia: Federation Square
Visit the Star Trek website to learn more about the event.