The Pokemon World Championships are finally here! What this means is that we will be flooded with Pokemon-themed content over the next four days, so keep your eyes peeled for more information coming soon.
Tsunekazu Ishihara, the president and CEO of The Pokemon Company, presented Pokemon Unite's new battle stage, Theia Sky Ruins, for those who missed the opening ceremony.
The teaser teases a familiar legendary face that will seemingly be defending the sky ruins. Many fans will have recognized the returning Pokemon immediately from its distinctive design, but for those who are less interested in playing 'Who's That Pokemon,' it's Generation III legendary Rayquaza who will be key to the upcoming stage.
This hugely popular Sky High Pokemon first appeared in Pokemon Ruby & Sapphire and was the mascot for Pokemon Emerald, so we are excited to see it once again receive the all-powerful treatment it deserves. Here's hoping we won't have a Unite Zapdos situation again, as TheGamer put it: "Zapdos is Pokemon Unites Golden Snitch".
Theia Sky Ruins has a much more decaying appearance, with the arena strewn with rubble and half-built structures.
You can view the teaser trailer for yourself here.
Over the next few days, you'll be able to get an exclusive in-game t-shirt during the World Championship livestreams. Here are all of the information we know so far:
- Further reading - Every Free Item Revealed For Pokemon GO, Unite, TCG At Pokemon World Championships
What do you think of the new Pokemon Unite stage? Are you a fan of Rayquaza? Don't use Outrage; just let us know your thoughts in the comments!
- Pokemon Unite Review
- Guide: Pokemon GO Special Evolutions How To Get Pangoro, Sylveon, Glaceon, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Sirfetchd, Galarian Cofagrigus And More
- Guide: Pokemon GO Eevee Evolutions Ranked - How To Get Sylveon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon And Flareon
- Guide: Pokemon GO The Rarest Pokemon Including Wild, Shiny, Mythical And Regional Catches
- Guide: Pokemon Sword And Shield: Pokedex Galar Region
- Guide: Pokemon GO Mega Evolutions List - How Get Mega Energy