Alakazam is one of the many Psychic-type Pokemon you can get your hands on in Pokemon Go. If you earn enough Mega Candy, it may become its final Mega Alakazam form, giving you many bonuses and increasing Psychic-type attacks during raids.
The best Alakazam moveset
Alakazam is a Psychic-type Pokemon that is resistant to Bug, Dark, and Ghost-type moves, but powerful enough to defend itself against attacks and stamina of 127. While Alakazam has an excellent attack, its lower defensive and health abilities make it a glass cannon.
Alakazam can learn all of these skills.
- Confusion (Psychic-type) 16 damage and 3 energy (4 damage per turn) 4 turns
- Counter (Fighting-type) 8 damage and 3.5 energy (4 damage per turn) 2 turns
- Psycho Cut (Psychic-type) 3 damage and 4.5 energy (1.5 damage per turn) 2 turns
- Dazzling Gleam (Fairy-type) 110 damage and 70 energy
- Fire Punch (Fire-type) 55 damage and 40 energy
- Focus Blast (Fighting-type) 150 damage and 75 energy
- Future Sight (Psychic-type) 120 damage and 65 energy
- Psychic (Psychic-type) 90 damage and 55 energy (10% chance to lower the opponents defenses by one rank)
- Shadow Ball (Ghost-type) 100 damage and 55 energy
Alakazam's quick move is available in a variety of ways. Counter is a powerful Fighting-type attack that can give Alakazam plenty of energy to use its more powerful attacks. Although Psycho Cut does provide the most energy, it doesnt do enough damage.
The best moves for Alakazam to learn are Fire Punch and Shadow Ball. However, it does suffer in high-end damage, which is where Shadow Ball comes in, and it only requires 55 energy.
Alakazam's favourite moveset is the quick move Counter, as well as the charged moves Fire Punch and Shadow Ball.