Slowbro is a Defender that uses Special Attacks in Pokemon Unite. The Pokemon is extremely tanky and players can use them to disrupt or debuff opponents with its moveset. Slowbro can be difficult to defy due to its natural ability to heal and its moveset and items make it almost unstoppable.
Best Uses for Slowbro in Pokemon Unite
Slowbro is a good disruptor and debuffer in Pokemon Unite, capable of defeating many enemies and interrupting scores. Mostly because of its Oblivious Ability, players can play defensively or offensively with Slowbro, which allows it to store HP to heal over time and decrease enemy Special Defense by 4% up to 20% for five seconds. Boosted Attacks reduce the movement speed of enemies hit by 30% for one second, and will stack against other movement debuffs.
Slowbro can learn either Water Gun or Slack Off at level one. Water Gun is charged to deal varying amounts of damage, has a five second cooldown, and will decrease the target's movement speed by 35% for one second. Slack Off will restore 1.5 percent of Slowbro's max HP every half second for three seconds, and doubles all self healing.
Slowbro will replace Water Gun with either Scald or Surf. Enemies will have their Attack reduced by 40% for the same amount of time, and heal players for some of their Oblivious HP stored. Enemies will have their Attack reduced by 40% for the same time.
Slowbro will substitute Slack Off for Amnesia or Telekinesis for four seconds, restore 22.5% of Oblivious HP every second for four seconds, and stop as soon as Slowbro initiates any action for five seconds. Telekinesis allows Slowbro to hold an enemy in midair and stop their movements completely for five seconds, restoring 15% of Slowbro's Oblivious HP.
Slowbeam their Unite Move will cost you six hits of damage and keep an opponent in place for three seconds. This move will take you through the Unstoppable condition and render the target immobile until the move ends. This move will give Slowbro a Shield and makes him immune to any obstacles during the duration.
Best Held and Battle Items for Slowbro
Slowbro can utilize a slew of Held Items that completely change its playstyle. Some items will make Slowbro a more defensive player, but other items may help make it a more offensive threat. Others can be more versatile and keep Slowbro in the game longer.
- Aeos Cookie - Increases Slowbro's max HP whenever they score a goal up to six times. This can be paired with Score Shield and Goal Getter for maximum efficiency.
- Assault Vest - Gives Slowbro a Shield equal to 15% of its max HP. This will only appear when out of combat after five seconds.
- Buddy Barrier - Grants a Shield to both Slowbro and the lowest HP ally when using Slowbro's Unite Move. The Shield is equal to 25% of Slowbro's max HP.
- Choice Specs - Every eight seconds, gives Slowbro extra damage equal to 40% of their Special Attack plus 60. This only works on a single target and gives Slowbro a more offensive presence in later levels.
- Focus Band - Gives Slowbro more HP regeneration when below 25% HP up to 14% of their maximum HP for three seconds. Pairs very well because of Slowbro of their Oblivious Ability.
- Leftovers - Gives Slowbro even more HP recovery when out of battle. This will stack with the Oblivious Ability as well.
- Rocky Helmet - Deals damage back to opponents equal to 5% when they deal more than 10% of damage to Slowbro. This is another offensive option that does very well with a more defensive Slowbro.
- Score Shield - Pairs well with Aeo Cookie as it gives a Shield equal to 10% of Slowbro's max HP whenever they try to score. As long as the Shield is up, players can't be interrupted when scoring and the Shield will become stronger the higher level Slowbro is.
- Goal Getter - Doubles the scoring speed for Slowbro and pairs very well with Score Shield and Aeos Cookie.
- Potion - Gives Slowbro another option to heal up to 20% of their HP.
- Slow Smoke - Assists the team with a field of smoke to slow down enemy Pokemon.
- X Speed - Increases the speed of Slowbro by 45% and grants immunity to any Movement Speed reducing effects for six seconds.
Best Builds for Slowbro
Slowbro is a multifaceted game, and its moves are interchangeable due to how powerful they are. There are two main variations that players can focus on, but they may make adjustments as they wish.
Slowbro's Special Defense will be increased by the addition of Scald and Amnesia to the stack build, making the more vulnerable Pokemon easier to take out.
Slowbro can use Surf and Telekinesis to immobilize opponents either scoring or in team fights. Telekinesis is a powerful crowd control maneuver, but being able to reel in enemies into a group of teammates can be deadly depending on the team composition. Choice Specs, Rocky Helmet, and Buddy Barrier with X Speed or Slow Smoke as the Battle Item