In late 2020, phobia took over streaming channels, giving players the opportunity to assume the role of paranormal investigators.
Kinetic Games is constantly improving its players on what they should expect in the future. In the most recent update on September 5, players were given a fresh look at the game's strategy.
Kinetic has come forward and stated that their original plan did not work out as planned, while still giving players three patches of new content for the game. However, Kinetic has made a revision of its roadmap, which will better represent what's coming and when.
Players may expect a large amount of rework and new features in the new roadmap, including:
- VR Overhaul: New VR system, sound sensor, and hiding adjustments that happened in April
- Minor Patches: Truck overhaul, new hiding spots, an easter event, and three new ghost types added from May to July
- Custom Difficulty: Custom Games, a probable new map called Sunny Meadows, two hidden features, a reporting system, and more will be added sometime in September.
- URP Upgrade: Weather 2.0, Volumetric Lighting, something hidden, and optimization are to be added in Q4 2022.
- Progression 1/2/3: Leveling 2.0, new player models, customization, new equipment, new equipment upgrades, and new challenges will be added in 2023
- Onwards: Horror 2.0, new locations, new equipment, and more will also be added in 2023 and beyond.
Kinetic Games has created this new schedule in order to allow them some time to breathe in between updates. This will allow the developers to work on any content without the pressure of deadlines.
When is the next Phasmophobia update?
Players in Phasmophobia are in for a wealth of new Halloween content, with the next big update expected to arrive sometime this month ahead of Halloween. These include Sunny Meadows, a probable new map, and other items that Kinetic is not likely to reveal until the update is released.
Kinetic says that Custom Difficulty options will be included in this months update, as well as some additional content they were able to squeeze in during the development post. All will be revealed when the next updates trailer arrives soon.
The September update will not be the last one this year, with the URP Upgrade expected sometime in October, November, and December.