The Disney characters along Dreamlight Valley can provide quests, unlock items, and even join you in activities and exploring the map. As you form friendships with each character, you will unlock rewards and abilities for them, including assigning roles.
Talk to your companions and choose the gift option. You may also offer them items you find in Dreamlight Valley to deepen their friendship. Here are all of the roles and what they do.
All Roles in Disney Dreamlight Valley
- Gardening: Companion finds more crops when harvesting
- Fishing: Companion finds more fish when fishing
- Mining: Companion finds more minerals when mining
- Foraging: Companion finds more items when harvesting wild crops and fruit
- Digging: Companion finds more items when digging
How to recruit a Companion
By talking to your companion and selecting the "Let's hang out!" option, you'll be able to activate the role effects. Your companion will follow you around and collect more resources depending on your role. If you ask another character to hang out, your first companion will return to your area.
It is a good idea to divide different roles between characters to get the most resources available.