Today saw the release of the latest ScarVi trailer (yes, we're calling it, sometimes in our finest pirate voice), which promised to be packed with new information to get us excited and ready to explore Paldea.
While the film certainly packed a lot of material in, we couldn't help but notice that we were seeing a person speak with their mouth full for three minutes. We finished the trailer feeling a little less AH! and a little more EH?
We think it's fair to say that a lot of this came down to how the trailer was edited. Who was it to have those cantered dialogue boxes so large and on the screen for such a short period of time? Even the most seasoned readers struggled to keep up with what appeared to be a long stream of information.
That encapsulates the second editing woe we faced regarding the amount of information that was being given to us without the chance to appreciate it. However, retaining these new concepts became difficult as the trailer prepared to move on to the next section.
Short and snappy is preferable to bloated and boring, after all. However, our thought process, eager to keep up with all of the new information, became frazzled by the speed at which it was delivered. Ooo, storylines! Ok, Victory Road is still here. Wait, who's that big crab boy? You can send your Pokemon away now.
To be clear, we're not implying that these functions aren't helpful; there's a lot to be pleased about here, but it's taken a lot of effort to get to a point where we can now grasp what's going on. Doesn't it defeat the point of the trailer in the slightest?
Don't let us get too carried away by the big crab boy. Maybe the novelty of riding your Pokemon hasn't worn off on you yet? Cast your vote in the poll below to see whether or not the game's latest trailer was confusing!
Why not enthuse in the comments about the new trailer once you've cast your vote? What are you looking forward to, and what did you miss?
- Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Everything We Know So Far
- Guide: Pokemon GO Special Evolutions How To Get Pangoro, Sylveon, Glaceon, Aromatisse, Slurpuff, Sirfetchd, Galarian Cofagrigus And More
- Guide: Pokemon GO The Rarest Pokemon Including Wild, Shiny, Mythical And Regional Catches
- Guide: Pokemon GO Eevee Evolutions Ranked - How To Get Sylveon, Leafeon, Glaceon, Umbreon, Espeon, Vaporeon, Jolteon And Flareon
- Guide: Pokemon Scarlet & Violet: Everything We Know So Far
- Guide: Pokemon GO Mega Evolutions List - How Get Mega Energy