Yes, there is currently a Double XP event live in Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 on all platforms starting on January 26 and ending on January 27.
- What Double XP Types Are Applied?
- When is the Next MW2 & Warzone 2 Double XP Event?
- Previous Double XP Events
- Will Double XP Tokens Stack On Top of The 2XP Event?
- How Often Are 2XP Events in MW2 & Warzone 2?
Only Double XP is used at the moment.
Double XP, Battle Pass XP, and Clan XP have been active before, and these events continue to occur frequently.
When Will There Be a Second MW2 & Warzone 2 Double XP Event?
As Infinity Ward likes to celebrate new content, the next Double XP event for Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 will likely be when Modern Warfare 2 and Warzone 2 Season 2 is released.
During the event, both Double XP and Double Weapon XP will likely be available live.
Previous Double XP Events
- December 1 (24 hours earlier for PlayStation on November 30) – December 2 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT.
- December 15 (24 hours earlier for PlayStation on December 14) – December 19 at 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM GMT.
Will Double XP Tokens Be On The Top of the 2XP Event?
No. Tokens will not stack to give you 4XP.
While 2XP events are not active in-game, you will be better off saving them for future use. Otherwise, you would be wasting your tokens.
How Often Are 2XP Events in MW2 and Warzone 2?
Infinity Ward and Raven Software usually space 2XP events for four weeks at a time. However, they may also be available when Infinity Ward wishes to commemorate a specific occasion.
If you don't want to wait for a Double XP event to happen, there are a lot of other ways you can get 2XP Tokens in Warzone 2 and MW2.