The vast, open world of Hogwarts Legacy means there are a slew of doors and chests to explore, most of which can be used to obtain valuable loot. The problem, however, is that some of them are locked, which means knowing how to lockpick in Hogwarts Legacy is crucial.
For this very reason, Hogwarts Legacy includes a lockpicking feature. It becomes available when you obtain Alohomora, the unlocking spell, by progressing through the main story to the point where you complete The Caretaker's Lunar Lament quest.
However, while the answer is simple, lockpicking itself can be difficult. That's because it's not simply by casting the spell. It's rather through a somewhat challenging mini-game.
How to Open Eyeball Chests in Hogwarts Legacy
Alohamora minigame tips for Hogwarts Legacy locked doors
To unlock locks and lockpick in Hogwarts Legacy, you'll need to complete a minigame that requires you to align green and red sparks in the correct positions, allowing the cogs to spin.
Console players may do this by using analog sticks, while PC players must use Q and E, which can be more erratic.
This is the best way to do it: find the correct position.
- Focus on the green spark on the outer part of the wheel first.
- Move it around until the cogs in the bottom right corner start to move. That means you’re on the right track.
- Eventually, a green spark will appear inside them. Once that happens, it means it’s in the right position.
- Do the process again with the red spark on the inner part of the wheel.
- The cog in the middle will illuminate red once you’ve found the right position.
- After that, hold it there until the unlocking animation starts to happen. Then you’re done!
Even if it is a bit time-consuming, picking out Hogwarts Legacy can be a challenge. However, knowing how it all works makes the trial-and-error process much more efficient.
How to Level Up Alohomora in Hogwarts Legacy