As the franchise's tenth installment, Fast X, comes to an end, Diesel's Dominic Toretto will take on Charlize Theron's Cipher, a criminal mastermind and cyberterrorist working closely with Jason Momoa's Dante to put Toretto and his group to the test once and for all.
Fast X will be directed by 49-year-old Frenchman Louis Leterrier, who previously directed 2008's The Incredible Hulk starring Edward Norton, 2013's Now You See Me, which received a sequel in 2016, and 2022's The Takedown with Omar Sy and Laurent Lafitte.
Shain E. Thomas, a freelance journalist, reported that an eleventh installment of Fast X is in the works. As yet, there's no concrete evidence to support this assertion, but Diesel stated just this month (February 2023), that he wanted Robert Downey Jr. to play the primary antagonist in the final installment, revealing that a character is "the antithesis of Dom."
When will Fast X be released?
Fast X will be released on May 19, 2023 in theaters across the United States, along with actors Justin Lin and Dan Mazeau, as well as producers Neal H. Moritz, Vin Diesel, Joe Roth, Justin Lin, Clayton Townsend, and Samantha Vincent. Lin was originally hired to direct, but relinquished his responsibilities in April 2022, allowing Leterrier to take over that May.
Who plays the lead in Fast X?
The greatest asset of the F&F franchise are its characters, many of whom play minor roles only to reprise that role in the next few installments and eventually become part of the main narrative. However, Fast X is adding some new faces to the roster, including award-winning actors and actresses who otherwise would avoid action-adventure films such as this one.
Vin Diesel is a given, but here's a list of all Fast X characters, including a brief biography about them and what they do.
- Vin Diesel returns as Dominic Toretto, a former criminal and professional street racer who has since settled down with his wife Letty Ortiz, and his son, Brian Marcos.
- Michelle Rodriguez returns as Letty Ortiz, Dominic’s wife and also a former criminal and professional street racer.
- Tyrese Gibson returns as Roman Pearce, a member of Dom’s team who also happens to be an ex-repeat offender and a professional street racer.
- Chris Bridges returns as Tej Parker, another member of Dom’s team who’s a tech expert and certified mechanic.
- Jason Momoa debuts as Dante, Cipher’s right-hand man and the son of drug kingpin Hernan Reyes, seeking revenge for the events that occurred in Fast Five (2011).
- Nathalie Emmanuel returns as Ramsey, an accomplished hacker and a member of Dom’s team.
- Jordana Brewster returns as Mia Toretto, Dom and Jakob’s sister as well as a member of Dom’s team.
- John Cena returns as Jakob Toretto, Dom and Mia’s brother as well as a master thief and assassin.
- Jason Statham returns as Deckard Shaw, a former enemy of Dom’s who joined his team after saving his son Brian’s life.
- Sung Kang returns as Han Lue, an expert drifter and member of Dom’s team.
- Alan Ritchson debuts as Agent Rimes, the new leader of Mr. Nobody’s agency.
- Daniela Melchoir debuts as a Brazilian street racer connected to Dom’s past.
- Scott Eastwood returns as Eric Reisner, an associate of Mr. Nobody.
- Helen Mirren returns as Magdalene “Queenie” Ellmanson-Shaw, the mother of Dom’s former enemies Deckard and Owen as well as the leader of a powerful female militia.
- Charlize Theron returns as Cipher, a criminal and cyberterrorist working closely with Dante to take down Dom and his team.
- Brie Larson debuts as Tess, a representative of Mr. Nobody who eventually allies with Dom.
Rita Moreno, Michael Rooker, and Cardi B make a few appearances, as well as rumors that Gal Gadot might reprise her role as Gisele Yashar, but that's just a guess.
Any interested parties may view the recently released Official Trailer for Fast X below.
We'll also drop the official synopsis for the film, thanks to Universal Pictures, considering that little was known about the plot prior to the trailer's release on Wednesday (Feb. 10).
Will it be easier or more frantic? We'll find out on May 19, 2023.