The doors of Hogwarts Legacy have now opened to the whole player base, welcoming in pupils from all over the world as they embark on fresh adventures on the school grounds and beyond.
Several in-game issues have tainted the enjoyment of some players, including persistent lag and frame drops during certain sequences and scenes. Even though the world is beautiful and detailed, it can be difficult to dive deep and become immersed in such issues that plague the gameplay experience.
Checking the game's FPS numbers will be crucial to securing a good time with Hogwarts Legacy as you explore Hogswarts, Hogsmeade, and the other areas outside the school walls.
House Sorting in Hogwarts Legacy: Which house should you choose?
With Steam and Epic Games, you may watch your Hogwarts Legacy FPS.
If you're playing Hogwarts Legacy on Steam, you may check your in-game FPS by following these steps:
- Open the Steam client, and click Steam in the top-left corner
- Open the Settings menu
- Click the In-game tab, where you’ll find an “In-game FPS counter” option
- Choose a location in the drop-down menu, and press Okay
An FPS counter should be located where you set it in the settings when you launch the game. For those who play through Epic Games, you'll need to run an FPS counter through your GPU software because the client doesn't have a built-in counter like Steam. Here's how to activate an FPS counter for your game:
- Open Nvidia GeForce Experience and open your Settings menu
- Select the General tab
- Switch on the In-game Overlay
- Open the In-game Overlay Settings menu and open HUD Layout
- Click Performance, choose FPS, and select where the number will be displayed on-screen