A creature awaits you off the pier at Pilgrim's Passage in the dark. Should you give them a large fish, they will reward you with a piece of a Holy Talisman. Below, we discuss how to get your hands on more items as well as what they do.
In Cult of the Lamb, how do I get Holy Talisman Pieces?
By doing side quests for some NPCs, you can get a piece of a Holy Talisman. For example, whenever you give the Fisherman a fish that's part of his quest, whether it's a squid, octopus, crab, or lobster, he will give you a piece of a Holy Talisman.
In Cult of the Lamb, how to use Holy Talisman Pieces
Each Holy Talisman requires four pieces to become whole. It can be redeemed at the Chapel for a brand new Fleece. These Fleeces have unique abilities that can benefit the lamb.
- Fleece of the Lamb: no bonuses, it's the generic fleece that you start out with.
- Golden Fleece: you gain +5% to damage for each kill, but you lose the stacked damage once you take a hit. Also, all damage you take is doubled.
- Fleece of the Glass Cannon: curses come with 100% damage and cost 50% less fervour than before, but you lose 50% of your health and 50% of melee damage.
- Fleece of the Diseased Heart: every time you get a Tarot Card you also get a Diseased Heart (though you can only have one Diseased Heart at a time). You will lose all of the items obtained during the crusade should you die.
- Fleece of the Fates: while all Tarot Card pickup locations are disabled, this fleece will give you four random Tarot Cards at the start of the run.
- Fleece of Fragile Fortitude: red hearts are replaced with Blue Hearts at a 2:3 ratio, but you can't pick up red hearts and you can't restore health.
Each quest line that provides pieces includes a maximum of four Holy Talisman pieces per character, which is 20 pieces total. This means that there are just enough pieces in the game for your lamb to unlock every Fleece in the game.
If you want more Cult of the Lamb content on Pro Game Guides, check out the Best Abilities in Cult of the Lamb.