Yelan is a 5-star Hydro character that has established herself as one of the best sub-DPS characters in the game thanks to her Elemental Burst, which sends out a burst of Hydro DMG following every Normal Attack. Yelan plays similarly to Xingqiu, but instead of being a replacement, Yelan and Xingqiu actually complement each other.
Many players wonder about the viability of a character without drawing any additional Constellations for the character. A Constellation is Genshin Impact's system to reward players when you pull an additional copy of a character. In Genshin Impact, you'll earn a "Constellation," which unlocks a special benefit for your character.
Genshin Impact's Best Yelan Build – Weapons, Artifacts, Talents
Enter the Plotters in Constellation 1
- Effect: Lingering Lifeline gains 1 additional charge.
Yelan is already a good exploration character due to her Elemental Burst, which allows her to run faster without using up any Strength. However, an additional charge allows her to travel twice as far, increasing her Elemental Skill.
If you run Yelan alone, Yelan's Elemental Burst abilities may be problematic. Ideally, pairing her with Xingqiu would make this Constellation quite unnecessary. However, this is an acceptable Constellation to have, although it isn't worth the price tag.
Constellation 2: Taking All Comers
- Effect: When Exquisite Throw conducts a coordinated attack, it will fire an additional water arrow that will deal 14% of Yelan’s Max HP as Hydro DMG. This effect can trigger once every 1.8s.
Yelan's damage will be greatly increased by the addition of an extra water missile for every other attack, as well as her second constellation.
Beware of the Trickster's Dice in Constellation 3
- Effect: Increases the Level of Depth-Clarion Dice by 3. The maximum upgrade level is 15.
Yelan's Elemental Burst is enhanced with a small damage increase. Constellations 3 and 5 for all characters are usually not recommended to pull for by themselves and are instead thresholds to reach the next constellation, Constellation 4 or 6. However, an increase in Elemental Burst damage is always nice.
Constellation 4: Bait-and-Switch
- Effect: Increases all party members’ Max HP by 10% for 25s for every opponent marked by Lifeline when the Lifeline explodes. A maximum increase of 40% Max HP can be attained in this manner.
This is generally not a great constellation, although it can be useful for HP characters like Hu Tao who have a low budget. It is not advised to go for Constellation 6 if you have enough funds.
Dealer's Sleight in Constellation 5
- Effect: Increases the Level of Lingering Lifeline by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
Yelan's Elemental Skill is a decent, but not huge, part of her damage. While it's fine, especially since you'll have Constellation 1 at this point, you're most likely to want Constellation 6.
Constellation 6: The Winner Wins All
- Effect: After using Depth-Clarion Dice, Yelan will enter the Mastermind state. In this state, all of Yelan’s Normal Attacks will be special Breakthrough Barbs. These Breakthrough Barbs will have similar abilities to normal ones and the DMG dealt will be considered Charged Attack DMG, dealing 156% of a normal Breakthrough Barb’s DMG.
Yelan's best constellation is Constellation 6. Her Breakthrough Barbs have become an important part of her kit and will deal with a large amount of damage. However, if you obtain this constellation, you should have no issues clearing any future content with this character.