The statistics for Hogwarts Legacy's first week in the United Kingdom have been released, and they are nothing short of astounding.
According to GamesIndustry.biz, Hogwarts Legacy sold 88% more copies in the United Kingdom than Elden Ring did in its first week in 2001. It also set a new record in the Harry Potter franchise, selling 66% more copies than Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone sold in its second week in 2001.
The majority of copies of Hogwarts Legacy sold in the United Kingdom were PS5, according to a study, which said 82 percent of copies were bought on this platform. The remaining 18 percent were sold on Xbox Series S and X.
According to SteamDB, the number of downloads was not included on PC, although today PC gamers rarely buy physical games on the platform.
The report does not include digital sales at all, and it adds that Xbox players tend to buy games this way rather than acquire a physical copy.
God of War Ragnarök and FIFA 23 are the other two games that have occupied the second and third positions in terms of physical sales in the United Kingdom. The latter was dropped from first place following the release of Hogwarts Legacy.