Wordle became a worldwide phenomenon, was acquired by The New York Times, and inspired dozens of spin-offs in almost any genre you can imagine. LoLdle, created by League of Legends fan Pimeko in mid-2022, adapts the concept to Riot's famous MOBA. They credit not only Wordle, but also Tusmo, Worldle, Cemantix, and Commander Codex.
Each day, there are four challenges to solve: champion, quote, ability, and splash. Each of them is self-explanatory, with the champion challenge having the most details. Seven boxes then compare the champion's gender, location, resource, region, and release year to the mystery champion of the day, changing colors to green, yellow, or red depending on how accurate those features are.
LoLdle displays one random League champion's quote as an audio clue, which is the voice track from the game's champion. If you get a few wrong guesses, it also displays the ability's name as an additional hint. The splash challenge displays a portion of one random splash art in the game, which can be from a champion or a skin, zooming out with each incorrect guess.
LoLdle resets every 24 hours, bringing with it a fresh batch of challenges, but as stated in their FAQ, they prefer not to use the standard "midnight local time" as reset time. Instead, you can be placed with Europe (UTC +2) or the United States (UTC -6), depending on which one is closest to you, and your game will reset at midnight in that time zone.
Below you will find the champion for today's quote challenge as well as a collection of previous LoLdle quote responses.
The answer to LoLdle's quote of the day is
- LoLdle #222 (Feb. 13, 2023)Quote: “Chains build revolutions, one link at a time.”Character: Sylas
Answers to the past LoLdle quote of the day
- LoLdle #221 (Feb. 12, 2023)Quote: “Indulge me.”Character: Ahri
- LoLdle #220 (Feb. 11, 2023)Quote: “Follow the wind, but watch your back.”Character: Yasuo
- LoLdle #219 (Feb. 10, 2023)Quote: “I’m getting hot. Where is my royal fanner?!”Character: Qiyana
- LoLdle #218 (Feb. 9, 2023)Quote: “Behold my true form.”Character: Shyvana
- LoLdle #217 (Feb. 8, 2023)Quote: “It’s not a phase and I won’t grow out of it!”Character: Vex