Fortnite 23.40 Update: New Content and Enhancements are Included in the Game, as well as Patch Notes.
Season 1 of Fortnite Chapter 4 is nearing completion for players, with Season 1 expected to finish on March 10. This season has brought many updates to the game, as well as crossovers such as The Witcher and Dead Space.
Fortnite players will receive yet another update on February 14 as the 23.40 patch comes out. Here's all you need to know about the Fortnite 23.40 update, including downtime and content.
- Fortnite 23.40 release date & downtime
- Fortnite Most Wanted arrives in 23.40
- New Reality Augments in Fortnite 23.40
- Dragon Ball items vaulted in Fortnite 23.40
- Popular weapons unvaulted in Fortnite 23.40 update
- Fortnite 23.40 brings Valentine’s Day skin
- Fortnite 23.40 update patch notes
Release date and downtime for Fortnite 23.40: Update
The Fortnite 23.40 update will be up on Tuesday, February 14, 2023, at around 1 AM PT / 4 AM ET / 9 AM GMT.
The length of this downtime has yet to be determined, but we expect it to be between one and two hours.
The Most Wanted for Fortnite arrives in 23.40.
The "Cold Blooded" syndicate has taken over the Fortnite island as part of the Most Wanted event. This new event includes a selection of new quests to complete to increase your "infamy."
Cold Blooded Vaults are also hidden around the map, which can be accessed by defeating Cold Blooded Bosses.
In these vaults you'll find valuable loot, including one of the following Exotic weapons:
- Heisted Breacher Shotgun
- Heisted Explosive Assault Rifle
- Heisted Accelerant Shotgun
- Heisted Run ‘N’ Gun SMG
- Heisted Blink Mag SMG
Fortnite 23.40 has new reality enhancements.
Four new Reality Augments have been added to the Fortnite 23.40 game, which include useful bonuses to help you secure victory.
- Keymaster – Grants two Keys for opening Holo-Chests.
- Last Shots – The last two bullets of your Pistol magazine deals bonus damage.
- Exotic Grab Bag – Receive a random Heisted Exotic Weapon.
- Sniper Surplus – Sniper Rifles gain one extra ammo in their magazine.
Fortnite 23.40 has vaulted dragon ball items.
The Fortnite 23.40 update will reclaim the Kamehameha and Nimbus Cloud Items once more, eliminating the Dragon Ball Mythics from the map in Capsules or Vending Machines.
Fortnite's 23.40 update removes popular weapons.
Several fan favorites are making a comeback while Dragon Ball items are being removed from the loot pool:
- Double Pistol
- Heavy Pistol
- Heavy Sniper
- Boom Sniper
- Hop Rock Dualies.
When it comes to long-range weapons, the return of the Heavy Sniper will have layers excited.
Shiina, a Fortnite leaker, has also stated that the Flare Gun will be unvaulted in the coming weeks, but this will not be included after the 23.40 update.
Fortnite 23.40 now has Valentine's Day skin.
23.40 is giving away a new Folly Valentine's Day skin along with additional cosmetics. The Folly bundle will be available for buy from the Fortnite store for V-Bucks.
Below, see what's included in the Folly bundle:
- Folly 2023 Valentine’s Day skin
- Folly’s Heartcase (Back Bling)
- Heartache (Pickaxe)
- Jester’s Privilege (Wrap)
The Fortnite 23.40 update patch contains some information.
Epic have released the complete patch notes for the Fortnite 23.40 update, including a major bug fix and competitive adjustments.
- FNCS Major 1 continues to take place over v23.40! Check the Compete tab in-game for more information.
- Fortnite Most Wanted’s Heisted Exotic weapons, returning weapons, and Heat are not included in competitive playlists.
- The Exotic Grab Bag and Sniper Surplus Reality Augments are not included in competitive playlists.
- Fixed the issue that caused us to disable the Shadow Striker Reality Augment. This Reality Augment is now re-enabled.
Check out what melee weapons are and how to obtain the Fortnite Postparty app for Fortnite.
Epic Games' Image Credits