If you've been playing Hogwarts Legacy on PC and notice a slew of issues with the Harry Potter RPG game, the first major Hogwarts Legacy patch is here following the launch. It's packed with bug fixes, improvements, and fixes for crash and stuttering issues, but it hasn't quite done the job.
This Hogwarts Legacy patch will correct your problems with the new open-world game. There are reports that the fixes aren't universal, though, so be sure to check in and report any concerns.
Since its release, there have been numerous reports of stuttering issues in Hogsmeade, and a handful of players on the subreddit are saying that this Hogwarts Legacy patch isn't actually solving any of that for them. At the time of publication, it's unclear if the issues are related to the game itself. You can submit bug reports here, which will be the best way to notify the team of particular difficulties.
Below are some of the more extensive Hogwarts Legacy patch notes, including bug fixes as well as some more specific Steam and Epic Games Store improvements.
Notes on the Hogwarts Legacy Patch
Online shopping is now available.
- Fixed issues with achievement data being properly pushed to Wizarding World portal after linking.
- Owl Mail: Fixed an issue with mail not properly triggering sequential mission.
- Fixed rare crash around certain locations where in-game World Events spawning.
- Fixed a rare crash when respawning NPCs in the world.
- Fixed crash with some NPC schedules.
- Fixed issues with flickering occurring with a transparent head while hair is still present.
UI is a system that allows for the use of computers.
- Updated localization text for additional content items.
- Added Build version to first time EULA.
- Fixed rare occurrence of mission descriptions not being displayed correctly.
Cinematics is a game in progress.
- Corrected VFX presentation of robe transformation.
- Fixed a stability issue when skipping cutscenes.
- Fixed a crash when playing cutscenes and cinematics.
- Fixed error of rewriting last autosave slot.
- Fixed an issue when restarting from last save around not being able to talk to a vendor after initial conversation.
Performance and Stability are two of the most important things in life.
- Improved performance on Fidelity mode.
- Fixed rare crash around hovering over the map.
- Fixed issue with wind causing distortion and stretching of world assets.
- Fixed a rare occurrence with material swapping.
- Fixed a rare crash with map assets state.
- Fixed Rare crash occurring with in-game world events.
- Fixed a memory leak with global lighting system
- Fixed audio issues missing or not properly playing.
- Switch Pro controller support updates
Upscalers are the new normal.
- Enable frame generation while DLSS is disabled.
- Anti-Aliasing and Screen resolution settings disabled when using DLSS and not Super Resolution.
- Fixed issue with RTAO looking worse than SSAO.
- Adjusted default setting to Medium Quality.
Performance and Stability are both important components of a successful business.
- Shader type compilation optimization.
- Shader compilation performance updates and functionality enhancements.
- Fixed a crash affecting Text2Speech usability.
- Resolved issues with world assets abruptly being stretched
- Resolved an issue with Nvidia GPUs having lower frame rate compared to AMD.
DirectX Version 12:
- Please note DirectX Version 12 is required to run Hogwarts Legacy on PC. We do not suggest attempting workarounds to run the game with DirectX Version 11 as this can cause stability issues with launching the game and the player experience.
If you need some help while playing, here's how to unlock doors and chests in Hogwarts Legacy, as well as the best method to make Hogwarts Legacy money.
JK Rowling, the author of the Harry Potter series, has made a number of transphobic remarks on social media in recent years. WB Games claims that "J.K. Rowling is not directly involved in the creation of the game" but it is likely that as the creator and owner of the Harry Potter IP, she will earn royalties from its sales.