In MW2, the M16 has returned to the Modern Warfare series, and here's how to unlock it!
If your aim is on-point, burst-fire guns may not be the go-to weapon for many Call of Duty players. However, they can be devastating at mid-range and long-range.
Auerdem, out of all the CoD burst-fire pistols, the M16 is the most well-known!
After you master the new Gunsmith 2.0 system in Modern Warfare 2, youll be able to unlock the M16, level it up, and make the finest loadout for it. Here's all you need to know about it!
Modern Warfare 2 Controller Settings: Best
How to Unlock the M16 in Modern Warfare 2
- To unlock the M16 in MW2, you first need to level up the M4 until level 16
- This will unlock the 556 Icarus LMG, which you can select from the Receiver system
- Use the 556 Icarus in-game until it reaches level 13
- You should now have the M16 unlocked!
Youll want to know the best M16 loadout to reduce its recoil and increase your accuracy with the weapon now that you have learned how to unlock it.
While you're unlocking guns, here's how to unlock the Lachmann Sub (MP5) and the best loadout for it!
Best M16 Loadout Attachments in MW2
- Muzzle:Forge-Tac Castle Comp
- Optic: Cronen Mini Red Dot
- Stock:Demo Fade Pro Stock
- Rear Grip: Sakin ZX Grip
- Underbarrel: VX Pineapple Vert Grip
Also, find out what to use in the MW2 Beta. The M16 is powerful, but there are a few things you should try!
If you need a short-range weapon, try out the finest FSS Hurricane loadout in Modern Warfare 2. It might be useful alongside the M16 if you are running Overkill!