The film by director Allan Ungars Bandit is now available on Demand in selected cinemas and on DVD. He was known for escaping prison in Michigan, establishing a new life in Canada, and succeeding in robbery of 59 banks, setting a new record for the most robberies committed in a row in Canada. Mel Gibson and Nestor Carbonell star in the film.
Duhamel and Cuthbert discuss what they want people to see in Bandit, the incredible true story it's based on, why they didn't like wearing their winter 80s outfits in the heat of summer, and what someone should see if they have never seen their work. In addition, Cuthbert discusses hosting Popular Mechanics For Kids when she was 16 and if she ever considered she would become an actor in Hollywood.
Watch what they had to say in the player above. Further down, we find everything we talked about, followed by a Bandit trailer and synopsis.
Elisha Cuthbert and Josh Duhamel
- If someone has never seen anything theyve done before, whats the first thing they should watch and why?
- Why theyre both excited for people to see Bandit.
- Cuthbert talks about hosting Popular Mechanics For Kids when she was 16 and if she ever thought shed be an actor in Hollywood.
- How Bandit is based on an incredible true story.
- What was it like wearing the 80s clothing?
- Did they feel the pressure trying to make the movie with their limited schedule?
Gilbert Galvan Jr (Josh Duhamel), a lovely career criminal, escapes a US jail in Michigan and enters Canada, where he claims to be Robert Whiteman. He begins flying around the country, eventually finding the attention of national press outlets that dub him The Flying Bandit. However, he is put in the direct sights of a determined cop (Nestor Carbonell) who will do everything to punish him.
Gilbert Galvan Jr. (Josh Duhamel), a charming career criminal, escapes from a US jail in Michigan and crosses the border into Canada, where he assumes the name Robert Whiteman. He then begins flying around the country robbing banks and discovering that he is exceptionally skilled at it. Tommy Kay (Mel Gibson) is eventually labeled as Robert's target because he will do anything to destroy him.